cname quick question

Erik Aronesty erik at primedata.org
Wed Mar 7 04:44:01 UTC 2001

Yes it will, and it has, and you should at least *try it*, before thinking
it won't.

Try creating a "com" domain, and putting a CNAME it for "foo.com".  Then
tell netsol to go your server for foo.com.

----cut "com.dom"----
foo.com IN CNAME www.yahoo.com

The CNAME will be followed - and will work - despite various whinings to the
contrary.

It's a lousy solution - but there is no question that it works.

            - Erik