rndc and Updated Zones in bind-9.1.0

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue Mar 6 22:37:11 UTC 2001

	BIND 9.1.0 has a bug in that it treats a zone declaration
	with "allow-update { none; };" as if it was a dynamic zone.
	This is fixed in 9.1.1rc1.

	If the zone is not dynamic then you can edit the zone file.
	If the zone is dynamic then you use nsupdate to manage it.

	"allow-update { none; };" is redundant in a zone declaration
	unless you have a allow-update at the view / options level.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com