Difference from 8.2 to 9.x

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Mar 2 21:02:15 UTC 2001

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 12:06:34PM -0800, Ed - Bind wrote:
> [...]

Did you read doc/misc/migration?  Most ofthat is in there.

> > 2) Many more error messages in the logs, like the CLASS256 message.

Welcomed, if you want to know what's going wrong.

> > 3) Cannot edit/update your zone tables by hand.  I still haven't figured
> out
> > how to do it.

Nope, that's how I do it.

> > 4) ndc reload has been replaced by rndc reload, but now you need a
> > configuration file for rndc.

Well, we may get used to that.  I had actually suggested this at one
point.  ;-)  [How else to tell it of an unconventional communications
node?  Not via command line arguments!]

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B