2.4 kernel and bind 8.2.3 - REL.

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sun Jun 24 21:00:15 UTC 2001

At 9:25 AM -0700 6/24/01, paul j wrote:

>>How big of a zone are you running?
>
>  Lets see..... I have over 3,500 names in one of my name servers.

	My former employer (the largest ISP in Belgium) had over 7000
zones that they were supporting on their nameservers, and most zones
had more than one name (some had many more than one name).  So, while
3500 names may be considerably larger than many sites, it's not
really all that large.  As another data point, the "small" zone
benchmarks that Matt Simerson has been doing are based on having more
than 65,000 names in a single zone.

>>    How heavily used is this name server?
>
>  Very heavily...

	Please define this term.  How many queries per second are you seeing?

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */