Domain not propagating

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat Jun 23 11:58:22 UTC 2001

At 11:27 PM -0400 6/22/01, John Cesta wrote:

>  I don't believe those register.com's have anything to do with us.

	Yup, they do.  They're listed as authoritative servers by the
.com gTLD servers:

% doc -d shopartmart.com
Doc-2.2.2: doc -d shopartmart.com
Doc-2.2.2: Starting test of shopartmart.com.   parent is com.
Doc-2.2.2: Test date - Sat Jun 23 07:56:04 EDT 2001
DEBUG: digging @a.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @a.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @b.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @b.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @c.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @c.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @d.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @d.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @e.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @e.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @f.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @f.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @g.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @g.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @h.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @h.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @i.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @i.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @j.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @j.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @k.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @k.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @l.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @l.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
DEBUG: digging @m.gtld-servers.net. for soa of com.
soa @m.gtld-servers.net. for com. has serial: 2001062200
SOA serial #'s agree for com. domain
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@a.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@b.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@c.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@d.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@e.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@f.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@g.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@h.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@i.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@j.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@k.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@l.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
Found 4 NS and 4 glue records for shopartmart.com.
@m.gtld-servers.net. (non-AUTH)
DNServers for com.
    === 0 were also authoritatve for shopartmart.com.
    === 13 were non-authoritative for shopartmart.com.
Servers for com. (not also authoritative for shopartmart.com.)
    === agree on NS records for shopartmart.com.
DEBUG: domserv = dns.lookwww.com. dns17.register.com.
dns18.register.com. ns2.primarydns.com.
NS list summary for shopartmart.com. from parent (com.) servers
   == dns.lookwww.com. dns17.register.com. dns18.register.com.
   == ns2.primarydns.com.
digging @dns.lookwww.com. for soa of shopartmart.com.
soa @dns.lookwww.com. for shopartmart.com. serial: 2000091803
digging @dns17.register.com. for soa of shopartmart.com.
soa @dns17.register.com. for shopartmart.com. serial: 2000040704
digging @dns18.register.com. for soa of shopartmart.com.
soa @dns18.register.com. for shopartmart.com. serial: 2000040704
digging @ns2.primarydns.com. for soa of shopartmart.com.
soa @ns2.primarydns.com. for shopartmart.com. serial: 2000091803
WARN: Found 2 unique SOA serial #'s for shopartmart.com.
ERROR: Found 2 unique sets of NS records
    === from authoritative domain (shopartmart.com.) servers
ERROR: NS list from shopartmart.com. authoritative servers does not
   === match NS list from parent (com.) servers
NS list summary for shopartmart.com. from authoritative servers
   == dns.lookwww.com. dns17.register.com. dns18.register.com.
   == ns2.primarydns.com.
Checking 0 potential addresses for hosts at shopartmart.com.
   ==
    WARNINGS issued for shopartmart.com. (count: 1)
Done testing shopartmart.com.  Sat Jun 23 07:56:09 EDT 2001

>                                                                     I don't
>  know where they are coming from. Can you elaborate on that a little?

	Fix your delegations with the InterNIC/Network
Solutions/Register.com, to point exclusively to your own machines.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */