rndc

arjen-bind at 3va.net arjen-bind at 3va.net
Sun Jun 17 12:50:30 UTC 2001

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Chris Mason wrote:

> I have Bind 9 on my RH 7.1 server, and I am trynig to use rndc, however, it
> refuses to authenticate me even htough I am using it as the root on the
> localhost. Can anyone give me the correct syntax to use as local admin?

What error do you get? If you get 'connection refused' and you are using
the redhat rpm, then

1 )
  change the name of the key "key" into something else, e.g. "mykey",
  in /etc/rndc.conf and named.conf

2)
  add the following to named.conf:

controls {
        inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; }  keys { mykey; };
};

3)
  reload named.

For me (as root at localhost) this worked.

Grtz,

Arjen.