Is This A DNS or MX Problem?

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Thu Jun 14 08:51:38 UTC 2001

On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 01:51:02PM +0800, Allie Syadiqin wrote:
> I created a virtual namebased domain, hydroseis.com and basically all other
> services, eg. ftp, http, works fine. But when I tried to send a test email
> to abc123 at hydroseis.com, I received the following message :-
[snip]
> UNDELIVERABLE MAIL
> Your message to the following recipients cannot be delivered:
> <abc123 at hydroseis.com>:
> <<< configuration error: mail loops back to myself (MX problem).

This is an MTA configuration issue. Please check the Courier docs. and
mailing list at http://www.courier-mta.org/ for how to configure Courier
to accept email for a given domain.
(Courier can see it's listed as the best-preference MX for the domain
but it hasn't been configured to accept email for the domain)

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's