tcp limitations

Guy Pazi guy at wanwall.com
Tue Jun 12 14:44:08 UTC 2001

Jim,
I appreciate your honesty, and I'm already much aware of the problems I'll
be facing. this includes administrative, higher traffic volume, 3-hand-shake
latency, future adaptions and all kind of other monsters out there.
I appreciate your concern, and I understand your outrage, but these are my
problems, it will effect no one but my company, so I'm not sure why you keep
preaching me.
My answer wasn't if this configuration make sense, as you have no idea of
the other restrictions I'm facing. I was searching for an answer to a
specific question: "what is the down scale between a name server's
capabilities to handle dns queries over tcp instead of over udp". If you
know the answer or can estimate it, I'll appreciate your help. Your
disapproval of my configuration was already understood.

Guy