Bind9 does not re-read zone files on -HUP

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jun 4 22:10:44 UTC 2001

Does it work if you use rndc reload? I think the use of signals to control
named is now deprecated in BIND 9. named might be completely ignoring your HUP.

(And, by the way, it shouldn't matter whether you increment the serial number
or not; either the master reloads the zone or it doesn't, the serial number
only dictates whether slaves replicate a new copy of the zone).

- Kevin