Unrecognized DNS Error Message

David Frank david at datachannel.com
Mon Jun 4 17:37:35 UTC 2001

I have recently built a secondary DNS server for my domain and everything
seems to be running well. However; I have started getting an error message
that I am not familiar with. Also, I cannot find it's meaning in the DNS and
Bind Log reference section. I imagine it might have something to do with
mail routing but as I am fairly new at this I cannot be quite sure as yet.

Here is the log message:

				 snmpXmid: Error recieving PDU The message
has a wrong header type (0x0).
                         snmpXmid: Error recieving packet form agent; rc =
-1.
				 snmpXmid: Will attempt to re-establish
connection.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,