Vulnerability Note VU#325431

Gary McAfee gmcafee at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 31 12:31:20 UTC 2001

This is in relation to CERT Advisory CA-2001-02 Multiple Vulnerabilities in
BIND which is referred to as the "info leak" bug,

I need to patch our vendored version of 4.9.3 and the information is not
specific enough about where the changes need to occur.  We cannot upgrade
to 4.9.8 for reasons we don't need to get into.  Could someone at ISC or
Nominum point me to the file(s) and procedures that are affected, please.

Thank you.  An offline-note is also welcome if that is preferred.

Gary