Bind forwarders

Jeffrey C. Albro jeff at velvet.antistatic.com
Wed Jan 31 03:36:13 UTC 2001

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Kevin Darcy wrote:

> farm (as well as a fast connection to that forwarder or forwarder farm) with a
> high cache hit ratio for the queries you're sending there. Otherwise you're
> better off overall eliminating that hop and just fetching the data yourself.

My understanding is that if you use your upstream ISP's DNS server you
will be querying a server than handles many more requests than yours.
Hopefully someone else asked for the same information before you.

Also, one would hope that the leg between you and your ISP is relatively
lag free, helping the process.

Has anyone done speed tests of using the upstream cache vs regular
resolution?

-Jeff