bind: how to accept authoritative answers only?

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Sun Jan 28 01:19:44 UTC 2001

    Mike> Actually, this seems to be the behaviour of my version of
    Mike> BIND (named 8.2.3-T6B) on FreeBSD STABLE.  Mail sent to
    Mike> domains that are either totally LAME, or where one name
    Mike> server is LAME and the others are OK do not get there, or
    Mike> are rejected as coming from sites with no DNS entry.  e.g.
    Mike> moody.edu (partially LAME), supercom.ca (totally LAME)

I think you are mistaken. My name server is able to resolve MX records
and hostnames for their targets for both zones even though one of
moody.edu's servers is lame as are both of supercom.ca's as you say.
The name servers you advertise for sentex.net seem to have no trouble
resolving the MX records for these zones either. So if you have a
problem delivering mail to them, it probably lies somewhere other than
the DNS.