how to make my DNS server visible to others

Sumit Mehrotra sumit at cs.bu.edu
Fri Jan 26 19:27:29 UTC 2001

Yes. You have to register the host on which DNS is running. Infact, I believe the registration process (at least with NSI :) requires you to have the host as part of the domain you want to host. But there is a cute workaround to this.
e.g if your  host is `host.somedomain.com' and the domains are domain1.com and domain2.com
register the host info for each domain respectively as :

host.domain1.com  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
host.domain2.com  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Hope this helps!