Windows NT 4 and nslookup

John Melchiori dnsadmin at web-cycat.com
Wed Jan 17 16:16:09 UTC 2001

I have just set up Bind v8.2.3 under Win NT4 and am experiencing one problem
at this time.

WHen I start the service (named) everything loads and the logs look ok. When
I try nslookup it shows as the default server the secondary server which is
not being run by me. If I switch servers under nslookup and then try to look
up domains and such everything works perfectly and the logs reflect the
queries.

However, even though the logs on startup of named show it is listening on
the ip address and port I have assigned to the name server (via option in
config) it appears to default to the secondary name server. I do have a
resolv.conf that identifies the name server by ip address.

Can nayone lend any assistance or point me to a place that describes NT
setup of bind b.x.x

Thank you.

	john

JBM Computer Services, Inc.		    (407) 298-1300
http://www.cycat.com