About A queries

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Jan 9 02:02:03 UTC 2001

No, there is not "one place" in BIND 8. Sometimes BIND 8 will pass
through a response from an authoritative server basically unchanged,
other times it'll synthesize an answer from its own cache and/or
authoritative data, or it may do a combination of both.

What is it exactly that you're trying to accomplish? Maybe there's a
better way than hacking code. Running split DNS, for instance, or using
a sortlist...

- Kevin