Missong Module net-pf-10

Cris Rhea crhea at mayo.edu
Mon Dec 24 04:15:16 UTC 2001

> I am getting the above message in my logs starting bind-9.2.0 on my Red Hat
> Linux 6.1 box, 2.2.19 kernel.  I am just running a caching only server on a
> small network and it seems to be working OK.  Does anyone know what this
> module is and do I need it?

This is a Linux problem, not a BIND problem... the message indicates you're
missing a network protocol module in the kernel. Off hand, I don't know what
10 is, but if things are working, you're probably OK.

Make it shut up by adding "alias net-pf-10 off" to /etc/modules.conf.

--
 Cristopher J. Rhea                     Mayo Foundation
 Research Computing Facility             Pavilion 2-25