Info about master files

Aparna aparna at cradle.com
Fri Dec 14 06:19:28 UTC 2001

Hi,
I am new to DNS and bind. I have been trying to read the RFC's 1034 and 1035
 Can anyone please simplify the concept of master files ? I need to know how
these are generated, what is the file format, how are they updated ( the
exact procedural steps) ?
If I try to implement my own DNS  then how can i generate these files?
Also i want to know about statements of refresh policies (what is the format
of these, who provides these and how exactly are they implemented?).
Any information regarding these will be of a great help to me.
Thanx in advance,
Aparna.