Strange IXFR Record from BIND 9.x to W2k DNS

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Wed Dec 12 17:24:38 UTC 2001

I am running BIND 8.2.5-REL, but one of my offsite slaves is running
BIND 9.x.  I am seeing an IXFR request from the BIND 9 offsite slave
to my W2k DNS box.  I have a MS Network Monitor trace of the packets.
and there is one inbound packet that I do not understand.  Complicating
the problem is the fact that the NetMon (Lite) product is mis-formatting
the records.  I have decoded the two inbound records.  I need one or
more volunteers to look at the two records and help me decipher the
first.  I will send the record traces to those who respond to me
privately.  Thanks.
Barry S. Finkel
Electronics and Computing Technologies Division
9700 South Cass Avenue               Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-9689
Building 221, Room B236              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov