Logging bad queries in Bind 8

Farzad Hejazi FHejazi at cdnow.com
Thu Dec 6 17:52:31 UTC 2001

I would like to know if there is a way to log messages specifically related
to Reponses of query requests sent to and received from `relay'.
For instance, I'm particularly interested in logging every `bad' or failed
query (such as XNSD, etc..) received from a remote NS or sent to a resolver.
What I'm trying to accomplish is to find out how many queries of this nature
take place on my name server on a daily basis.

I tried the following, in the named.conf's logging section:

..
channel query_log {
	file "/var/adm/named_queries.log";
	severity warning; # I've also tried other severity levels. Non of
them worked :(
	};
category queries {query_log;};

Any suggestions would be appreciated.