DNS cache problem

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Dec 3 22:06:16 UTC 2001

dfwns1.airband.net and dfwns2.airband.net are publishing a 1 day (86400
second) TTL for the zyvex.com NS records. Note that the SOA record has
no direct role in determining how long nameservers cache positive
answers to queries of the zone. It only has an *in*direct role if the
zone administrator is still relying on the SOA to establish the default
TTL value for all records in the zone, but for some time now the
$TTL directive has been the preferred method of establishing default
TTL values for zones.

- Kevin