bind-8.2.2-p5 not listening on any interfaces

Robert C. Locher rclocher3 at bigfoot.com
Tue May 30 02:41:44 UTC 2000

Barry Margolin wrote:

> Well, something is listening on the port and Unix-domain socket that named
> wants to use.  I suggest you use "lsof" to find that process and kill it.

I'm afraid that's not working.  (Also that command isn't recognized on Red Hat
5.2.)  I am pretty sure that named is the only thing using that port -- all I did
was reboot the machine, and it had been working fine for months.

Can anybody suggest anything to make named not think that there is another instance
of named running which is listening on port 53?