DNS Pro's Can you Please tell me whats wrong....

Brian Sullivan brians at meetingbywire.com
Wed May 24 13:42:43 UTC 2000

The zone file you presented seems to be different from what is being served:

yrip.com. 43200 SOA ns1.granitecanyon.com. dvrdave1.ixpres.com. (
 157462686  serial
 21600  refresh (6 hours)
 10800  retry (3 hours)
 604800  expire (7 days)
 43200 )  minimum (12 hours)
yrip.com. 43200 NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
yrip.com. 43200 NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.
dpaulus.yrip.com. 43200 TXT "David Paulus, NIC handle: DP3764"
yrip.com.yrip.com. 43200 RP ns.yrip.com. dpaulus.yrip.com.
localhost.yrip.com. 43200 A 127.0.0.1
mail.yrip.com. 43200 CNAME ns.yrip.com.
www.yrip.com. 43200 CNAME ns.yrip.com.
ns.yrip.com. 43200 A 216.240.170.158
ftp.yrip.com. 43200 CNAME ns.yrip.com.

The being served file appears to have no MX record -- which might explain
why email server is not working. It also looks like there may be a missing
period on the "RP" record.

The NS records supplied do not match the registered authorities for the
zone. ( which includes ns.yrip.com). It is not obvious what "my Apache wont
see this zone" means but it may be related to the incorrect NS records.

Normally the RP record has a "dotted" email address where you have
"ns.yrip.com" - I am not sure if what are doing what you intended with the
RP record

news:392b72be$1_4 at news1.uncensored-news.com...