winnt dns-server problem

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at is.co.za
Tue May 23 07:04:48 UTC 2000

On Mon, May 22, 2000 at 05:05:46PM +0200, ChemSoft GmbH (T. Dresbach) wrote:
> hi all,
> we have running two dns-server (winnt 4.0), a primary and a secondary. now
> the event-manager on the secondary says that the dns-server has found a
> packet for himself - IP-Adress 195.xxx

you'll find a whole list of possible reasons for this at the 'Q & A' section at www.ezine.com.
it's a more specific NT-dns site.

> another problem is that our primary dns seems to connect to several other
> dns-server we don´t want like dns.mp3....

depending on what you mean by connect, this should be normal behaviour if your server is a recursive one (and it probably is :)
ie.  a client on your network requested resolution for *.mp3.com ...

n.