Network Solutions Misery

GeekGrrl geekgrrl at geekgrrl.org
Fri May 19 16:34:34 UTC 2000

Fortunately, we no longer have to rely on Network Solutions. There are
many registrars out here now, and TuCows' OpenSRS project makes it
possible for anyone to become a domain name seller. ALLDNS.com and Dotster
are among several registrars or resellers that have a price tag of $14.75
to $15 per year. I can't speak to service because I haven't had any
horking huge snarls I needed to work through yet in regards to domains
registered with these entities. I have though with NSI, which is what
prompted my move to begin with.

The one domain I have left with NSI is moving as soon as I can fill out
the forms. Do a websearch on accredited registrars and you should turn up
a huge list to examine.