granitecanyon - unauthorized AXFR

Fred Viles fv4 at do.whois.fv4.at.internic
Tue May 16 05:31:40 UTC 2000

ftheisen at my-deja.com wrote in <8fp1cb$87s$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>:

>I am using granite canyon to host dns zone
>lisafrank.net ...  I made some modifications to
>the zone file and nslint says that it went
>through allright but it keeps coming back with
>bind error "unauthorized AXFR".

That is a red herring.  The AXFR requests were probably coming from
you (they were from a home.com IP address).  And they failed because
GC does not have your zone loaded.  The significant error is
"Database error near ()" - not too helpfull, there should be some
text in the () to point you to the trouble area in your zone file.

I don't see any syntax errors in your zone data, so my only guess is
that you've managed to get some non-printing control character(s)
inserted in there.  Try deleting and re-entering your data, perhaps
cut&paste from an editor that shows all ctrl chrs.

- Fred