is ip address or name the authoritative record in domain registration??

!! Tonnere de Brest x at y.z.com
Sat May 13 20:25:05 UTC 2000

Barry Margolin wrote:

> In article <3917B140.153 at y.z.com>,
> !! Tonnere de Brest <see at below.vix.com> wrote:
> >When you register a domain name, you enter the ip address and name of
> >the name server that has the records for your domain. What happens if
> >the company hosting your domain in their name server records changes the
> >tcp/ip address of their name server?
>
> Assuming it's a domain whose delegation is configured by InterNIC, they
> have to submit a Modify Host form to NSI to get the Host entry changed.
> The Host entry is translated to an A record on the root or gTLD servers,
> and it will often take precedence over the A record on the server for the
> host company's domain itself.

If I have 2000 domains registered with ns1.domainmart.net :when I
registered them with InterNIC, I gave the name server as
ns1.domainmart.net and the tcp/ip address, the current address of
ns1.domainmart.net.What happens if ns1.domainmart.net is moved to a
different location and assigned a different tcp/ip address?
Do I have to manually update the records of the 2000 domains registered
with ns1.domainmart.net ?
Is there a way of automating it?

Thank you very much.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
 Thanks, Ghaouar Camij Toschian,
 gchiht at 2xtreme.net, 510 5408013, 2500 Durant # 310, Bk, CA 94704
 http://www.domainmart.net/InternetAccess/buildings.htm
 http://www.istanbulexpress.com/oldsite/sweetener.html

Visualize that the smoke of cigarettes is unpleasant to other people.
Visualize that peoples' civic duties do NOT include having to breathe
the
smoke from cigarettes.
Visualize that astrologers, fortune tellers, tarot card readers,
psychics and
palm readers are Crooks, Fools or Both.
Visualize using the Metric System.