DNS, routing and strange timeouts (not quite newbie)

Steve Cox stevec at antispam.co.uk
Fri May 12 07:57:37 UTC 2000

Thanks,

I found out what it was. Upon starting, netscape attempts to resolve mail
and news server names - allegedly by refering to the root nameservers rather
than any local nameserver. The answer was to remove all remote news servers
from netscape.

Well, I use UNIX mailbox for mail so it's time to look into other
newsreaders.

news:01bfbb88$3b66c340$c71fa8c0 at gerda.budgie.com.au...