Granite canyon problem

Fred Viles fv4 at do.whois.fv4.at.internic
Thu May 11 04:08:43 UTC 2000

stevenj at the-pentagon.com (Steven) wrote in
<391aba15.100988804 at news.student.utwente.com>:

>Hello,
>I have a problem entering the news server from granite canyon
>(anyone else having problems with that?)

GC's News server has been down for some time now.  No telling when it
will be re-activated.

>i have a problem entering my web adress name and password while
>requesting a primary dns server for it. When i type the domain
>comeshopping.to and the desired password, i get the message bad
>password.

That means there is already an account created with that domain name,
but a *different* password.  Most likely, you got that far in an
earlier attempt without realizing it, and you've forgotten the
original password.  Or, less likely, someone else has set up that
account before you.

Either way, if you can't figure out the password used to create the
account you are pretty much hosed.  You could try sending an email
directly to Steve Senator asking for a password reset - search for
his past posts to this group on deja.com to see if he posted his
email address.

Otherwise, you could try www.centralinfo.net.  They also offer free
primary DNS, with the only negative being that both their servers are
on a single sub-net.

> I can get in to the registration process with
>www.comeshopping.to

That's no good, it means you are creating a zone for
"www.comeshopping.to", which would have to be delegated from the
(non-existant) comeshopping.to zone.

>    but then when i try to register my
>information i get the messages: