Domain Name Problem

Robert Fan rfan at jhu.edu
Thu May 4 18:49:56 UTC 2000

Hi, I'm rather new at Domain name and DNS stuff so the solution might just
be something very easy.

Here's my problem my domain name: thecrit.com does not work.  The primary
DNS server for the domain is ns1.centralinfo.net.  I have set the nameserver
on the domain name to ns1.centralinfo.net and have also properly configured
the DNS entry.  I was wondering if the fact that the domain name
"thecrit.com" is registered under CoreNIC rather than InterNIC.

Also when I ran a traceroute via the CentralInfo website, it traced it
properly, but when I run a tracert from my computer I get an unknown host
error.  Could this be because I still need to wait for the DNS entry to
propagate through the Net?  How long would propagation take?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Rob