Multiple DNS Forwards

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Wed May 31 23:04:35 UTC 2000

In article <cSdZ4.75$WA.16422 at sapphire.mtt.net>,
Dave Walsh <dave_j_walsh at keane.com> wrote:
>I think you're on to something.  I've changed the order of my forward zones
>as you suggested (essentially just switching hal.us.partnerco.com with
>partner.com).  Now I can resolve names in hal.us.partnerco.com, but not
>partner.com as I could before.  I don't know why this is.  It seems as
>though I can only have one forwarder?

You're still missing some semicolons.  There should be a semicolon after
every close curly-brace, i.e. every '}' should be followed by ';'.  I don't
see a semicolon at the end of either line that begins with "forwarders".
Are you still claiming that they're in the real file but being deleted when
you post the message to the newsgroup?  I find it difficult to believe that
your software just deleted two semicolons but left all the rest intact.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA