[Q] sysquery: nlookup error on server?

Andres Tello Abrego criptos at gondor.gdl.iteso.mx
Sat Feb 19 17:32:22 UTC 2000

I have this error when I setup my named...

My nameserver is soa of criptos.com.mx and it's resolving perfectly..
BUT...

But this dns cannot resolve any other name outside my locals names...
Y mean, if I use this namserver as my primary name server, i dont resolve
any name...

server:/# nslookup
Default Server:  criptos.com.mx
Address:  148.244.72.111

> criptos.com.mx
Server:  criptos.com.mx
Address:  148.244.72.111

Name:    criptos.com.mx
Address:  148.244.72.111

So until here, every thing is ok...
but

> www.isc.org
Server:  criptos.com.mx
Address:  148.244.72.103

*** criptos.com.mx can't find www.isc.org: Non-existent host/domain

And I get this message from syslogd:
> Feb 19 11:12:07 server named[18363]: No root nameservers for class IN
Feb 19 11:12:07 server named[18363]: sysquery: nlookup error on ?

I suppose that my cache file is not working... but this is my cache file:

damn.... wile trying to kill the named, a kill -9 -1 ... Now I have a
braind dead server... :(

Any wy.. thats the trouble....

any idea?

         -= La locura no es una enfermedad... es un privilegio =-

CRIPTOS A. Karash.
e-mail: criptos at gondor.gdl.iteso.mx

KarashLazzulAulloxAnulPruteraVerengeMarathazOnttarLaglatheSilisLuvriz
KankorIgroZyllHijopoesOilujrazatOlincosBrushersBilibolosCurenosFartos
InnaptatosBarashDremulaKisslezz
  	 -= Madness is not a illness... is a privilege... =-