Multiple domains assigned to a single IP

Danny damiller at epangea.com
Wed Feb 16 22:02:35 UTC 2000

Situation: Windows NT Server 4.0, SP4, Bind DNS v 4.9.5 (I know I need to
upgrade but I just got here so please don't go there, unless you think this
is the problem).  I have several (137) virtual domains assigned to the same
IP address (209.75.36.88).

The problem: some of these domains can be resolved (www.4anitsolution.com
for example) and some can't (www.bestbuyforcomputersonline.com for example).
Also, I have one (www.causemarketing.com) that could be resolved earlier
today but now it can't.  What the heck is going on here?  I've reloaded the
database, stopped and started the server and the service, checked the
archive files to see if there's any history of this kind of thing and I come
up empty.  Does anybody have any bright ideas?  I'm beginning to wonder if
it's a virus of sorts.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny

Daniel A. Miller
Network Services Manager