BIND ON NT

Thor Kottelin thor at anta.net
Sun Feb 13 10:45:04 UTC 2000

BIND Users Mailing List wrote:

> From: "Cricket Liu" <cricket at acmebw.com>

> You might want to try the port of 8.2.2-P5 to Windows NT that available
> from ftp://ns4.netpacq.net/bindnt_8.22/

Thanks for the tip. I just installed that package on my workstation, and
it seems to work very well. However, my NT application log receives the
following error messages on startup (serial numbers added):

1.
ctl_server: socket: Unknown error

2.
unix control "%DESTRUN%/ndc" socket failed: Unknown error

3.
directory C:\\WINNT\\system32\\dns is world-writable

4.
directory . is world-writable

Anything I can do to make those errors go away? What do errors 1 and 2
mean?

The working directory is not world-writable; only the Administrators group
and SYSTEM have access (Full Control).

My named.conf is below.

Thor

options {
	directory "C:\\WINNT\\system32\\dns";
	check-names master fail;
	check-names slave fail;
	check-names response fail;
	datasize 20M;
	deallocate-on-exit yes;
	listen-on port 53 { any; };
	allow-transfer { 127.0.0.1; 192.168.0/24; };
	multiple-cnames no;
	dump-file "named_dump.db";
	pid-file "named.pid";
	statistics-file "named.stats";
	memstatistics-file "named.memstats";
};

zone "0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA" IN {
	type master;
	file "etc\\db\\127.0.0.db";
	allow-update { none; };
};

zone "0.168.192.IN-ADDR.ARPA" IN {
	type master;
	file "etc\\db\\192.168.0.db";
	allow-update { none; };
};

zone "localhost" IN {
	type master;
	file "etc\\db\\localhost.db";
	allow-update { none; };
};

zone "anta.net" IN {
	type master;
	file "etc\\db\\anta.net.db";
	allow-update { none; };
};

zone "arja.net" IN {
	type master;
	file "etc\\db\\arja.net.db";
	allow-update { none; };
};

zone "." IN {
	type hint;
	file "etc\\db\\cache.db";
};

--
My PGP public key is available on key servers - please use it!

Powerful, automated web hosting: <http://www.virtualis.com/vr/tkotteli/>