What happened to whois?

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Fri Feb 11 07:01:04 UTC 2000

 punt and use geektools.

 whois -h whois.geektools.net  (your request here)

%
% Barry Margolin  <barmar at bbnplanet.com> writes:
% >
% > I have a script of my own that
% > figures out whether I'm looking up a network (it determines whether it
% > should query ARIN, RIPE, or APNIC from the first octet) or domain.  When
% > I'm looking up a domain it has a table listing whois servers for many
% > different TLDs, and uses whois.opensrs.net for .com -- their whois server
% > queries whois.internic.net and then automatically queries the registrar's
% > server that's listed there.
%
% Thanks for the algorithm.  I don't suppose you'd post the
% implementation?  :-)
%
%
% Anne.
% --
% Ms. Anne Bennett          anne at alcor.concordia.ca           +1 514 848-7606
% Senior Analyst,  IITS,  Concordia University,  Montreal QC,  Canada H3G 1M8
%
%
%

--