named.conf -> etc?

Takács István istvan.takacs at szerencsejatek.hu
Mon Feb 7 08:12:22 UTC 2000

Hi,

I've compiled Bind 822p5 on a Solaris 2.6, and
made the named.conf, db.xyz, and so on.

When I restart the named, then it sends an error
message, that it can not open the
/usr/local/etc/named.conf file.

I thought that the named.conf lives in the /etc
I found not a directory, but a file in the /usr/local, called
etc.
It was exactly the same as the /etc/named.conf.

Is that normal?

What generates this file? And what I have to do with it?
I deletet the /usr/local/etc file, made a /usr/local/etc
directory, and copied the /etc/named.conf in it.
Now, I can start the named, but I'm not sure, that this was
the good solution...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,