Reverse lookups only work in my net

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Apr 28 21:42:23 UTC 2000

In article <MPG.1373e2f734be36349896b6 at news.everyware.ch>,
Marc Eggenberger  <me at everyware.ch> wrote:
>In article <NMiO4.73$xb5.2583 at burlma1-snr2>, barmar at genuity.net says...
>
>[...]
>
>> >something ... what do I have to do that outside nameservers know where
>> >to ask for reverse?
>>
>> Ask your ISP to delegate the reverse domains.
>
>RIPE requests are done .... We ARE the ISP but I never did dns reverse
>delegation before ... more or less apache and sendmail config ... dns
>was done by another person befor, now its my job too .... but thanks for
>the hints ....

It would help if you provided more details, then.  Are you trying to get
reverse DNS working for the blocks that were assigned to you from RIPE, or
for blocks that you have further assigned to customers?

In your RIPE registrations, did you specify the nameservers for the reverse
domains to delegate to?

Please post the address blocks that you're referring to; that will help us
help you.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA