PTR record errors...

jeff-richard at forum-financial.com jeff-richard at forum-financial.com
Wed Apr 26 13:32:41 UTC 2000

I am running a copy of CheckPoints MetaIP which is based on BIND.  I
have several domains setup on the DNS servers, and all DNS analysis
tools (DNS Expert, etc.) report that there are no PTR records
available.  A simple example is the domain polarisfund.com, which has 5
records total.  A rec 12.25.49.181 for www, A rec 12.25.49.181 for @,
an MX record, and two NS records.  I have a reverse zone 49.25.12.in-
addr.arpa, and it contains a PTR entry for www.polarisfund.com of
12.25.49.181.  If I use an NSLookup tool to search for a PTR record in
the domain I get a valid response.  What am I missing?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.