domain registration comparison

umukk at my-deja.com umukk at my-deja.com
Tue Apr 25 15:20:59 UTC 2000

While this is not a BIND question, I could think of no better place to
ask, so I hope you will pardon me for going off topic.
Long ago, all my clients who did their own domain registration did so
through Network Solutions. I know how they work--I get listed as the
Technical Contact, and if I need to make a change to the domain on
their behalf, it is simply (well, sometimes) a matter using the
authentication method I have chosen, and sending the proper form.
Recently a client registered via register.com, and now not only do I
have to be a contact, I have to know my client's password.
Has anyone out there compared and contrasted the different accredited
registrars for each of their individual quirks?
thanks,
Michael Mulligan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.