why not caching?, not resolving?

Charlie Romero charlie at jumpinternet.com
Mon Apr 24 12:51:10 UTC 2000

I am in the process of setting up my own dedicated (RH6.1, BIND
8.2.2) primary DNS. I've been testing things for a week now and
yesterday I started noticing a problem names aren't resolving all of
the sudden. Any clue as to why BIND all of the sudden stopped
resolving names?

Also, Why is it that some domains seem to resolve so much quicker
than others. before yesterday's problem started some names like Yahoo
resolve very quickly when others take so long, Yahoo resolves quicker
than my own local domains. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Charlie