Classless & Bind

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Fri Apr 21 20:42:23 UTC 2000

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 01:43:38PM -0500, Mike Casper wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience setting up bind 8.2.2.p5 for a classless
> domain or could someone point me to some sample configurations?  Also,

Exactly what you would do for a class-ful one.  The forward zones are
no problem.  For more on the reverse, see the review I just re-posted,
Albitz & Liu, and RFC 2317.

> what would I need to do about an ISP that is not willing delegate my
> reverse zone to me?

Not a heck of a lot that you can do.  Write the head techie or the CIO
a letter, citing RFC 2317.

COSPO/OSIS Computer Support					EMT-B