External domain resolution

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Fri Apr 14 20:14:42 UTC 2000

In article <s8f6f5b4.069 at mail.srttel.com>,
Elsie Simonton <elsiels at srttel.com> wrote:
>Hello:
>We have a registered domain that resolves locally but does not externally. =
> Could someone check for me and see if this name will resolve where they =
>are at.  I do not know of any other way to check external resolution.  If =
>there is an easier way to check please let me know.
>
>www.teachers-aid.com

I get no response from the ns1.pawneenet.com, and ns1.rockymtn.net and
ns2.rockymtn.net don't have the domain loaded (perhaps they're trying to
transfer from ns1.pawneenet.com but it's not responding).  If
ns1.pawneenet.com is the primary server, maybe there's a firewall blocking
the connections.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA