CName Terminology Question

Hongbo Shi shi at goto.info.waseda.ac.jp
Thu Apr 13 12:09:46 UTC 2000

From: Jeremy Lunn <jeremyl at vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: CName Terminology Question
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:13:44 +1000

> bar.com               IN A      37.124.19.7
> foo.bar.com           IN CNAME  bar.com.
> >
> > These will all work, but is the "Cname" the part on the left or the part on
> > the right in the line above?
>
> I still don't understand you...

 If I am not wrong, I think maybe he or she wants to describe in
 "foo.bar.com IN CNAME bar.com."which one is the alias and which one is
 the canonical name. And if his or her question is this, the answer is
 foo.bar.com is the alias of the domain name bar.com. Also we can say,
 the domain name bar.com is the canonical name of the domain name
 foo.bar.com.