possible loaded question.. or an easy one =)

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Apr 10 15:34:22 UTC 2000

In article <B5140CDD.B66%mark at nathan.net>,
Mark R. Nathan <mark at nathan.net> wrote:
>if a domain MYDOMAIN.COM is registered to point to DNS at IP 207.xxx.xxx.xxx
>and then a while later I register a host DNS with DNS1.MYDOMAIN.COM to IP
>209.xxx.xxx.xxx ,
>
>do I now have to now point MYDOMAIN.COM to the new DNS server IP
>209.xxx.xxx.xxx  or can I keep it pointed to the original name server?

Your question isn't very clear.

When you registered the domain, you had to specify two DNS servers, right?
What DNS servers did you specify (give their names and addresses)?

What are you doing now?  Just adding a host to the domain that happens to
be named DNS1.MYDOMAIN.COM with address 209.x.x.x?  Is this taking the
place of one of the nameservers you registered earlier?

What is the relationship between the original name server and the new name
server?

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA