Extra Info

Len Conrad lconrad at Go2France.com
Sun Apr 9 08:30:37 UTC 2000

> > Where would I put platform information in my BIND files?  When doing a
> > host lookup on my nameservers I get a reply with "System: ? running ?".
> > How do I get it to show what I am running?
>
>What do you mean by a "host lookup"?
>
>My only guess is that you're using some sort of lookup tool that wants to
>see HINFO records.

I think Jason means when he does an Internic "whois host" lookup, the
record does not show his hosts' system and OS details.

These fields are not asked for on any the NetSol HOST registration form
I've ever used, so does this mean whois grabs the system and OS data from
the authoritative nameserver for a  HOST?

Len