named loggin

Audsanee Supaneedis audsanee at nucleus.nectec.or.th
Mon Apr 3 17:04:41 UTC 2000

This is my /etc/syslog.conf
*.err;kern.notice;auth.notice                   /dev/sysmsg
*.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit        /var/adm/messages

*.alert;kern.err;daemon.err                     operator
*.alert                                         root

*.emerg                                         *

# if a non-loghost machine chooses to have authentication messages
# sent to the loghost machine, un-comment out the following line:
#auth.notice                    ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/authlog,
@loghost)

mail.debug                      ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/syslog,
@loghost)

#
# non-loghost machines will use the following lines to cause "user"
# log messages to be logged locally.
#
ifdef(`LOGHOST', ,
user.err                                        /dev/sysmsg
user.err                                        /var/adm/messages
user.alert                                      `root, operator'
user.emerg                                      *
)

and I want to know that why "ndc" command want to open
/usr/local/etc/named.conf ? Can I change the location of the config file?

audsanee