Can't Get The Hang Of The DNS Record

Bill Polhemus bpolhem at swbell.net
Mon Apr 3 12:31:47 UTC 2000

Hello.

I have registered my domain name, and have submitted a DNS
record to Public DNS at granitecanyon.com. However,
apparently I have not been successful in formating my DNS
record so that I can "see" everything I want to see.

Here is a redacted version of it:

[BEGIN DNS RECORD]

; Name Servers

polhemus.cc.  IN  NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
polhemus.cc.  IN  NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

; addresses for the canonical names

localhost.polhemus.cc.   IN  A  127.0.0.1

; an address for the zone itself ("Xs" represent the real IP
number, of course).

polhemus.cc.       IN  A  XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

; Aliases

polhemus03.polhemus.cc. IN CNAME polhemus.cc.
www.polhemus.cc.   IN  CNAME polhemus.cc.
ftp.polhemus.cc.   IN  CNAME polhemus.cc.
mail.polhemus.cc.  IN  CNAME polhemus.cc.

; MX records

; The token 'EXTREF' directs nslint to allow external