forwarders

Johnny Fribert Lauridsen jlaurids at cisco.com
Sat Apr 1 08:34:54 UTC 2000

I probably did not express myself quite right.  I am 100% for things being standardized, and RFCs and IETF.
The thought was that we are seeing more and more non-RFC features put into the actual DNS products out there - bind
and others and suddenly we are able to do lots of things with DNS that we could not before.  My hope is that the ietf
follows-up on this, so that these new (some very useful)  features gets 'standardized'.  Sorry if I upset anyone, not intended.
Multimaster DNS was just one example (some are actually changing the bind dns with microsoft dns when
they roll-out win2000)
Johnny