Help with Granite Canyon

Mark maggelet at mminternet.com
Sat Apr 1 02:32:25 UTC 2000

On 31 Mar 2000 18:09:51 -0800, Barry Margolin <barmar at bbnplanet.com>
scribbled:

>In article <hUjlOATZUmPlwzgwhg7dzQhwnZQ5 at 4ax.com>,
>Mark  <maggelet at mminternet.com> wrote:
>>I generated a RR with your form (thanks!) yesterday and I am
>>still getting a :
>>
>>Query failed (h_errno = 4) : No address associated with name
>>
>>response from my dnsquery.
>>I realize that changes may take a while to take effect, but when
>>you're debugging something and it takes days to see a result, it
>>can end up taking a very long time and be very frustrating. is there a
>>better way to debug a RR?
>
>What's your domain?

well, the actually I did 2 yesterday, sophiacarmen.com and
mapamundo.com

here's the RR's I used for each:

sophiacarmen.com. IN NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
sophiacarmen.com. IN NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.
sophiacarmen.com. IN RP mark.educationplanet.com.
info.sophiacarmen.com.
info.sophiacarmen.com. IN TXT "mark maggelet +1 (562) 4374736"
localhost.sophiacarmen.com. IN A 127.0.0.1
sophiacarmen.com. IN A 216.86.192.132
*.sophiacarmen.com. IN CNAME sophiacarmen.com.; GLOBALOK
mapamundo.com. IN NS ns1.granitecanyon.com.
mapamundo.com. IN NS ns2.granitecanyon.com.

mapamundo.com. IN RP davewise.davewise.com. dw.mapamundo.com.
dw.mapamundo.com. IN TXT "Dave Wise, (415) 282-1202"

localhost IN A 127.0.0.1
mapamundo.com. IN A  216.86.192.132

www IN CNAME mapamundo.com.