Q:sysquery: no addrs found, root nameserver problem

kkc kkc_ at go.com
Tue Aug 31 19:46:44 UTC 1999

Hi,

I am running bind 8.2.1 on a host that is authoritative for our internal DNS records.   It has no connectivity to any root servers or
the internet.  The root zone is "type hint" and the associated file lists some firewalls which can do public side DNS resolution (but
they are not root nameservers.)  These firewalls are also the machines listed under forwarders under OPTIONS in the config file.  Everything is fine functionally (I can do both private and public DNS) However, bind keeps complaining in the log file:

        sysquery: no addrs found for root NS()

How can I configure bind so that this error does not occur?  Functionally, I do not really need root nameservers but it doesn't
seem like you can configure bind to not use them.

Thanks much in advance.